What is DCOValley?
DCOValley is the brand of DCOLearning’s Virtual Learning Environment developed for DCOLearning’s program alumni. It is an eLearning system managed and continuously improved directly by DCOLearning.
DCOValley serves as a repository mean to store DCOLearning program materials. It supports DCOLearning program alumni needs to revisit their materials, access other supporting materials, and for those who are preparing the PMP certification examination to have a simulation of their tests.
What is Virtual Learning Environment?
A virtual learning environment (VLE), or learning platform, is an e-learning education system based on the web that models conventional in-person education by providing equivalent virtual access to classes, class content, tests, homework, grades, assessments, and other external resources. It includes a content management system.
Virtual learning environments are the basic components of contemporary distance learning, but can also be integrated with a physical learning environment which may be referred to as blended learning. (Wikipedia)
What is eLearning?
E-learning (or eLearning) is the use of electronic media and information and communication technologies (ICT) in education. E-learning is broadly inclusive of all forms of educational technology in learning and teaching. E-learning is inclusive of, and is broadly synonymous with multimedia learning, technology-enhanced learning (TEL), computer-based instruction (CBI), computer-based training (CBT), computer-assisted instruction or computer-aided instruction (CAI), internet-based training (IBT), web-based training (WBT), online education, virtual education, virtual learning environments (VLE) (which are also called learning platforms), m-learning, and digital educational collaboration. (Wikipedia)
What are the benefits of using DCOValley?
From corporate HR & Training management point of view:
- Â It collects and stores all materials and data related to the training programs that a company has conducted over the years.
- The administrator can curate the suitable and appropriate supporting materials to the training programs.
- It is a password-protected environment, so it secures the data.
- The training manager and administrator can directly access the learning environment to observe and monitor the activities. When needed, they can engage the participants in the format of discussion, surveys, etc.*
- Ease the reporting and evaluation process for the upper management on the training programs.
- With DCOValley, training management does not have to build their own eLearning platform for project management.
- In a transition period with the new training management team, the materials are still accessible to new training team without losing valuable lessons learned.
From individual professional point of view:
- It is accessible 24 hours a day and 7 days a week (except in maintenance or downtime period from the hosting server)
- It is an additional and a complementary service to DCOLearning face-to-face workshop program. It’s free.
- Alumni can revisit the training materials they got in the classroom sessions.
- It is a curated environment so alumni can get access to other supporting materials related to their previous training program(s) with DCOLearning. Get in-depth knowledge on the subject that was not possible to get in the classroom sessions.
- Test their knowledge in small tests and quizzes.
- For PMP certification preparation alumni, they can have access to significant pool of exercise questions to practice and to simulate their close-to-actual examination test.
- DCOValley offers simulation tests in electronic and conventional pdf-ready-to-print formats. The alumni can conveniently choose their preferred approach.
- DCOValley can be accessed via internet using various channels, be it your PC, laptop, tablet, or even smartphones*.
Why should we use DCOValley?
Both from corporate HR & Training management point of view and individual professional’s:
Basically it is a free and an additional service from DCOLearning that offers ease, flexibility, and covenience in conducting a training program(s). The company and/or the alumni do not have to make any additional investment on this services. It is a no brainer.
Should I pay for using DCOValley?
No. It is free. As long as you are an alumni of our program you can request access to our DCOValley system.
For how long can I access DCOValley system?
Any alumni and organizations that have taken a training program at DCOLearning can have access for 1 semester*. 1st semester: January to June. 2nd semester: June to December.
Can I extend the access?
Yes, you can extend the access by taking another program with DCOLearning. By taking another program you can access the system for the next semester.
If I never took a program from DCOLearning, can I have access to DCOValley? Can I access it with some payments?
No. At this moment, the policy from DCOLearning stated that the access to DCOValley is only for DCOLearning program alumni and our corporate clients’ HR & Training Partners.
What is the equipment or device system requirement to access DCOValley?
- Adequate internet access and speed (varied between devices)
- PCs, laptops, or tablets with up-to-date internet browser.
Can I opt out using DCOValley? Can I get discount from not using it?
Yes, you can opt out. You can change your mind at any time within the semester you are eligible for after you completed your training program with DCOLearning.
About the discount, since it is an additional extra service from DCOLearning, it is free so there is no discount in any of our training programs’ investment if you choose to opt out.
Can I access it before my training program at DCOLearning?
No. At this moment, our policy is that the access to DCOValley can only be given after you completed your training program with DCOLearning. Unless you are our previous program alumni taking a new program at DCOLearning.
As a corporate client, can we have a dedicated class within DCOValley?
For corporate clients, DCOValley will dedicate a specific class accessible only for the participants from the respective organization.
I am recently replacing my colleague as Training & Development representative at my company, I notice we have purchased your PM program before, can I have access to DCOValley on behalf of my company?
Yes, please provide us with the authority letter from your company or any supporting documents related to this new arrangement.